Sunday, September 25, 2011

A Bit of Fun...Casting My Novel, Brightest Hour

So, that historical romance novel I was talking about? The title is Brightest Hour and is roughly 103,000 words. I am currently choosing agents to send it to in hopes that someone will fall in love with it, just as I have. In the days to come I will be posting bits and pieces for you to enjoy. I wanted to kick off with casting my novel. My husband started this the other day. He asked me who should play our delicious villain, Vincent. That one wasn't too hard to cast given that the actor already plays a wonderfully devious villain on television. Ok, here goes, casting for Brightest Hour, set in 1798 Philadelphia:

Catherine Martin, our headstrong heroine: Kiera Knightley, my favorite actress, of course! She was brilliant in Atonement, The Duchess, Pride & Prejudice, and not too mention the Pirates movies.
 Picture: Catwalkqueentv.com
 Elijah Baldwin, our orphaned hero: I adore James Mcavoy and loved it when he and Kiera starred together in Atonement. I've had others mention that this role should go to Zac Efron...what do you think?
 Picture:Idolko.com


Vincent Guileford, our villain: This was easy...the part should be played by Ian Somerhalder. He does a superb job on The Vampire Diaries and he is quite handsome, to boot! Yes, I am Team Damon...
 Picture:themcelebrity.files.wordpress.com

Samantha Jenkins, Cat's best friend: Kirsten Dunst, love her!

Picture:topnews.in

Wyatt Williams, beloved Southerner, friend of Cat (everyone who has read my novel LOVES this guy!): Ryan Gosling, of course! He did an excellent job portraying a Southern gent in The Notebook.
Picture: Gq.com
There you have it! Our main characters have been cast. Now, let's get this book published so we can see these actors and actresses take on the part.
Feel free to leave me nice comments on your thoughts. Notice I said "nice." Ha.

A treat to leave you with: Class Actress Let Me Take You Out. Love this song. Until we meet again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment